Lost Arkhas slowly become one of the most successful MMOs on the market after its worldwide launch in February. The game originally launched in South Korea in 2019 and launched globally a few months ago. The game had a fairly successful launch and was well received by critics over the weeks.
One of the newest additions to Lost Ark will come in the form of a new class “Glaivier”. As the name implies, this class will focus on using glaives and will be an advanced Martial Artist class. Being an advanced class, this is quite a complex class to master. That's why we've put together this guide with all the information you need to know about this upcoming class in Lost Ark. We also have a detailedlist of the best classes in Lost Ark, so as soon as it is released we will update our level list with the new information.
1.1 Position change and double meter:
3.1 Fluid Posture Skills:
3.2 Focus Attitude Skills:
3.3 Awakening Skills:
The Glaivier has a few unique mechanics that set it apart from other classes in the game. For example, her playing style revolves around switching stances and double meter. This makes it so that the Glaivier is able to switch between two completely different movesets. This is how it works:
Position change and double meter:
The Glaivier has two different skills that can be exchanged:Focus and wave– with each attitude and skill represented by one of her two weapons. The shorter spear is used to unleash a furious barrage in the Focus stance, while the longer spear uses the Flurry stance for gracefully deadly strikes and sweeping strikes.
While you can press[Z]to switch weapons and switch between the Focus and Flurry stances at any time, the Glaivier's specialty is her “Double meter”. Over time, and as you hit enemies with skills, your dual meter will recharge, filling three segments. When you switch, the meter energy you've collected is used, providing increasingly powerful boosts that correspond to the meter level you've reached. These bonuses are based on the position you move into.
Switching from Flurry to Focus:
- Dual Meter level 1 grants a 5% movement speed bonus
- Dual Meter level 2 grants 10% movement speed and 10% damage bonus
- Dual Meter level 3 grants 15% movement speed, 10% damage and 25% Crit Damage bonus
Switching from Focus to Flurry:
- Dual Meter level 1 grants a 5% attack speed bonus
- Dual Meter level 2 grants 10% attack speed and 10% damage bonus
- Dual Meter level 3 grants 15% attack speed, 10% damage, and 25% critical damage.
In addition, the Glaivier's play style can be changed significantly when using engravings. Engravings allow players to improve or even completely remove the stance switching mechanism.
As is the case for every other class in Lost Ark, the Glaivier also has two class-specific engravings that can vastly change the way she can be played. Players can choose between thePinnacleofControlengravings.
Continuing the attitude shifting nature of the Glaivier, the Pinnacle Engraving enhances and replaces the Dual Meter Stage 3 effect, granting increasingly powerful bonuses as you progress through the three levels of Engravings.
Not a fan of switching positions, but still want to play the Glaivier? This is the engraving for you. Control disables the Focus stance, but increases Flurry ability damage by 18% at level 1, 27% at level 2, and 36% at level 3. While you can access fewer skills and cannot trade for bonuses, the increasing the damage will help you deal a blow.
In addition, players can wait for the April update for the Feiton Powerpass. After completing the Feiton region's storyline, players will have the chance to take a fresh new character to that point in the game using that pass.This pass is given to all players for free.
With two completely different moves, the Glaivier has an extensive set of skills. All of her abilities can be found below, including both poses and her awakening.
Flurry Attitude Skills:
- Double blow– Strike 2 times with your spear and deal damage.
- Windsplitter– Strike your spear in multiple directions, dealing damage and pulling enemies towards you.
- Stamping Slash– Swing your spear insanely as you move forward, dealing 3 damage, followed by a final hit that deals damage. Enemies in the air are launched back into the air when hit.
- Wheel of knives– Spin sideways and deal damage 3 times, followed by a final hit that deals damage. Airborne enemies hit by the spinning attack are launched into the air again and are then knocked to the ground with the final blow.
- Flits kick– Use your spear as leverage to move forward, dealing 3 damage, followed by a powerful kick that deals damage.
- safe stick– your spear into the ground and somersault, dealing damage and blasting enemies into the air.
- Blue Dragonclaw– Move forward, deal damage, then twist your spear to deal damage six times and retreat. Enemies in the air are launched back into the air when hit.
- Half Moon Slash– Drag your spear across the ground as you move forward, dealing 2 damage, followed by a diagonal upward hit that deals damage. Hit enemies are launched into the air.
- Chain cut- Strike up with your spear to deal damage and launch enemies into the air, then slash with your spear as you move forward and deal damage. Then hit 2 times in the opposite direction, dealing damage. Enemies in the air are launched back into the air when hit.
- Cutting wind– Go past enemies to deal damage three times and return to your position, dealing damage.
- Soul cutter– Slide forward and swing your spear to deal damage before immediately going back and crouching. Use the ability again to charge forward and deal damage twice, then quickly swing your spear left and right for a final damage-dealing attack. Enemies in the air are launched back into the air when hit.
- Furious Dragon Battle- Boost your spear and rotate 360 degrees to deal damage and knock enemies back.
- Spear dive– Jump up and thrust your spear forward and deal damage to nearby enemies before performing a rotating kick attack that deals 4 times damage. Use the ability again to land on the target location, swing your spear and deal damage.
- Chaining the blue dragon– Turn your spear where you stand and strike down with force, creating a shock wave that deals damage. Enemies affected by this ability will see a decrease in Critical Resistance.
Focus Attitude Skills:
- Spiral spear– Lower your stance and insert your spear, dealing damage.
- 4-headed dragon– Stab your spear in front of you 8 times, dealing damage, followed by a final thrust that deals even more damage.
- thrust of destruction– Collect energy on your spear, deal damage to enemies at close range, then stab forward, releasing an energy beam that deals damage while knocking enemies back.
- Starfall-sprong– Jump within range of the target location and create a shock wave as you land, dealing damage and launching enemies into the air. You can change direction before you land.
- Dragon scale defense– Block attacks from the front with your spear and ignore damage relative to your max HP. If you successfully block an attack within 1.1 seconds, thrust your spear forward twice to deal damage.
- Red Dragon Horn– Hold down the ability hotkey to focus your mind and collect energy, then aim and stab your spear at an enemy within 40 feet at a 90-degree angle, dealing damage. Hit the perfect Zone to extend the attack range to 16 meters, deal damage and knock enemies back.
Yeon Style Spearing Technique:Spear Meteor
- Perform an attack on the target location. Jump back while facing forward, direct your energy to your spear and throw it at the target area. The spear hits the ground to deal damage and then causes an explosion that deals damage, knocking enemies back with the final hit.
Yeon Style Spearing Technique:Storming the Red Dragon
- Focus your mind and thrust your spear in front of you to deal damage, then pull it back, dealing damage and drawing enemies closer. Then swing your spear and deal damage 5 times, followed by a series of blows dealing 8 damage. Move past enemies and deliver a finishing blow, dealing damage and knocking enemies back.
For a detailed video demonstration of the Glaivier's abilities, players can also download theAdvanced pagefor the Glavier.
And that's all you need to know about Lost Ark's latest upcoming lesson. If you found this guide helpful, please consider checking out our other content from ourGuides section!